Change of circumstances
Participants of the NDIS and people who are waiting on the outcome of their access requests must by law tell the NDIA of any changes in their circumstances.
What is a change of circumstances?
A change of circumstances is an event or change in your life that may affect:
- your access request
- your status as a participant in the NDIS
- your plan.
For example, you must tell us if:
- your disability support needs change
- your informal care arrangements change significantly
- you apply for, receive, or are entitled to compensation for injury
- you plan on moving (or have moved) house
- you plan on moving (or have moved) overseas, or
- you plan on moving (or have moved) permanently into aged care residential accommodation.
When do I need to tell NDIA my circumstances have changed?
You must let the NDIA know as soon as reasonably practicable after you become aware that a change of circumstances has happened or is likely to happen.
If you do not inform the NDIA of a change of circumstances, for example a change of contact details or address, your plan and payment of supports might not be able to be reviewed by the scheduled date.
A change of circumstances may also result your plan needing to be reviewed for any changes in your supports. If you fail to notify the NDIA of a change in your circumstances and you continue to receive supports that you are not entitled too, you may be asked to repay an amount in respect of the funded support services.
How do I tell the NDIA my circumstances have changed?
Use this form to tell the NDIA of a change of circumstances. You can also tell the NDIA:
- in person by visiting your local NDIS office
- on the phone by calling 1800 800 110 visit our contact page
If you are a TTY user – phone 1800 555 677 and ask for our 1800 800 110 number or your local office number.
If you are a Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) user – phone 1800 555 727 and ask for 1800 800 110 number or your local office number.
- in writing:
- sending an email to email@example.com
- using the Participant Portal (see more information on the “See your NDIA Contacts” or the “Make an Enquiry” screens)
- or mailing a filled-out Change of Circumstances form to:
National Disability Insurance Agency
GPO Box 700
Canberra ACT 2601
- Change of circumstances form (PDF 63KB)
- Change of circumstances form (DOCX 1.5MB)
- Plan review request form (PDF 180KB)
Your personal information held by NDIA is protected under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and the Privacy Act 1988.