What is myplace?
The NDIS participant portal is called myplace.
It is a secure website portal on the Australian Government’s myGov website where you or a person you trust (a nominee or child representative) can access your NDIS information.
What can I do on the myplace portal?
- See your current plan and previous plans.
- Check your contact details.
- See messages from the NDIS.
- Create and view payment requests.
- Create and manage service bookings.
- Upload documents, including assessments or service agreements.
- Share your plan, or parts of your plan, with your service providers.
- Find service providers.
How do I access myplace?
You will need a myGov account to sign in to myplace.
If you already have a myGov account for other government services such as Medicare, the Australian Taxation Office or Centrelink, you can use the same myGov account for the NDIS.
You will be given an activation code to use the first time you access the myplace portal. It is important that you access myplace as soon as possible after you receive your activation code, as the code will expire within 10 days.
If you need an activation code, or your activation code has expired, you can get another one by calling the NDIA on 1800 800 110 or contacting your ECEI Coordinator or LAC.
Where can I get help?
If self-managed participants need support using the portal there are resources available below or you can call 1800 800 110.
myplace step-by-step guides
The myplace Step by Step Guide includes directions on using myplace:
- Part 1 - Introduction (PDF 2MB)
- Part 1 - Introduction (DOCX 2MB)
- Part 2 - Contact details (PDF 1MB)
- Part 2 - Contact details (DOCX 1MB)
- Part 3 - My plan (PDF 2MB)
- Part 3 - My plan (DOCX 2MB)
- Part 4 - Provider Finder and documents (PDF 2MB)
- Part 4 - Provider Finder and documents (DOCX 1MB)
- Part 5 - Service bookings (PDF 2MB)
- Part 5 - Service bookings (DOCX 2MB)
- Part 6 - My payment request (PDF 1MB)
- Part 6 - My payment request (DOCX 874KB)
- Complete version - myplace participant portal step-by-step guide (PDF 6MB)
- Complete version - myplace participant portal step-by-step guide (DOCX 9MB)
- Self help guide to myplace system messages and error codes (PDF 620KB)
- Self help guide to myplace system messages and error codes (DOCX 959KB)
If you need assistance with logging into myGov please call the myGov helpline on 13 23 07 and select option 1 (Operating Hours 7am – 10pm Monday to Friday and 10am – 5pm Saturdays and Sundays AEST) or you can go to the help section on the myGov website
myplace hints and tips
What Internet browser is best to use?
Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the most compatible with the myplace portals. Download these browsers so you can use all the functionality of myplace.
Understanding a Service Agreement and Service Bookings
A Service Agreement is an agreement between a participant and a provider (usually written), it sets out the expectations for what types of services will be delivered. They do not appear in the myplace portal.
Service Bookings are used to reserve plan budget for products or services to be delivered by a provider, and are required so a provider can request payment in the myplace portal. Service Bookings are like a request for a service.
Participants should check their plan and Service Booking information and contact their local NDIS office if information looks incorrect. The NDIA will then update the information on your behalf.
Providers claiming against self-managed participants
Only self-managed participants can submit their own Payment Requests in myplace.
If a provider has taken on a participant that was previously self-managed, the participant will need to approve this in the portal before a provider can submit a Payment Request on their behalf.
Participant Satisfaction Survey
We’d like to know about your experience with the NDIS.
We’re inviting participants, their families and carers to tell us about their recent contact with the NDIS.
To let us know about your experience with us please log in to the myplace Participant Portal and go to the ‘complete survey’ link in the bottom right hand corner of the page. The survey should only take about 5 minutes to complete.
The survey collects information about your recent experience with the NDIS.
This information will support the Agency to measure the level of satisfaction with people’s NDIA experience.
The results of the survey are used to improve NDIA services.
Responses are private, and any identifying data is removed. We will not reply individually to people who complete the survey.
Recent myplace updates
We are making more improvements to our myplace portal systems.
These changes are part of the NDIA's commitment to improving the experience for participants and providers with the NDIS.
A program of enhancements to make NDIS online systems easier to use commenced in July 2018 and will be rolled out progressively throughout the year.
May 2019 improvement to participant budget displays
From Monday 27 May, you will notice improvements to the way your NDIS budget is displayed in the participant myplace portal. These changes will give you greater choice and control with your plan and improve your online experience.
Based off valuable participant feedback and sessions, you will:
- be able to see your plan start date and scheduled review date
- see what funds have been approved and spent in your plan for each support category
- have the option to view your funding in three formats:
- a table, showing all the details of your support categories and all funding amounts
- a quick glance pie chart, summarising what percentage of your plan has been spent, allocated and still available
- a support category funding breakdown bar, allowing you to quickly view each support category and what has been spent, allocated and still available
- Useful help text to guide you through the support budget screen
These changes have been made in partnership with participants. The enhancements are a part of the NDIA’s commitment to delivering a high-quality Scheme, and improving the online experience for participants.
We value your feedback, and would like to hear what you think about the new budget display improvements. Please email the NDIA to share your feedback with us.
The user guides for these systems will be updated from Monday 27 May 2019 to support the participant portal