We recognise the importance of supporting family, carers and support networks when a participant dies.
The NDIA has a Bereavement support team who are trained to provide the best support we can during this difficult time.
They can help you work through any outstanding NDIS matters with sensitivity, empathy and speed.
What do I need to do?
It’s important you tell us when a participant has died.
Anyone can notify the NDIS of a participant's passing.
You can do this by:
- Calling the National Contact Centre (NCC) on 1800 800 110
We will take your details and ask you to provide:
- The participant’s name, address, date of birth and NDIS number (if you know it).
Alternatively, you can complete this form:
Once completed, there are a few ways you can return the form to us:
- Email the form to [email protected]
- Mail the form to NDIA, GPO Box 700, Canberra ACT 2601
- In person, by visiting an Early Childhood Partner, Local Area Coordinator or NDIS office in your area.
Our Bereavement Support team will contact you.
What to expect from us
The Bereavement support team member will work with you to resolve any outstanding NDIS matters, including stopping any NDIS funded supports and services, as well as answer any questions you may have.
This can usually be completed in a single phone call. When contacted, you can ask for a different time if it’s not convenient.
In some cases, we may need more information to confirm the participant’s passing. If we do, we will let you know what we need.
Links for further help
Services Australia has put together some key information for what do when someone close to you dies. This information can be found at Services Australia Death and Bereavement information .
We understand this is a difficult time. Remember to take care of yourself and look after your mental and physical health.
To access confidential counselling services 24 hours, 7 days a week, call:
- Lifeline Australia on 131 114
- Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978.
- Griefline on 1300 845 745 from 12pm to 3am AEST, 7 days a week.