The Research and Evaluation Branch is responsible for developing and delivering the NDIA's Research and Evaluation Strategy. This is a key component of the National Disability Research Strategy which aims to improve the generation and translation of disability research.
The purpose of the NDIA Research and Evaluation Strategy is to improve the social and economic participation and independence of participants, increase choice and control in participants' decisions, and to increase financial sustainability of the Scheme. The Strategy has two aims:
- To ensure NDIA policies and practices are based on the best available information by identifying existing evidence, generating new evidence, facilitating use of evidence in decision-making and supporting NDIA staff in these activities. This will be achieved through the NDIA Research and Evaluation Services.
- To take a leadership role in driving and shaping the national and international agendas in disability research to maximise its impact on participant and scheme outcomes, influence wider disability policy and practice and enhance the reputation and credibilty of the NDIA. This will be achieved through the NDIA Targeted Research Program and the Centre for Knowledge Translation in Disability Systems Research.
External research and evaluation enquiries
The Research and Evaluation Office is a single point of contact for questions about research and evaluation. For more information on how the Office can assist with queries relating to research and evaluation, please refer to the External Researcher Request Interim Policy:
- External Researcher Request Interim Policy (PDF 433KB)
- External Researcher Request Interim Policy (DOCX 888KB).
You can request access to the following for research purposes:
- Tailored releases of NDIS data
- Administrative data held by the NDIA
- Collaboration for research and evaluation projects
- Funding for research or evaluation projects.
To do so, please complete the External Research Request Form or email us at email@example.com. All external requests related to research and evaluation will be assessed by the Research and Evaluation Office and distributed within the Agency as appropriate.
The NDIA does not provide endorsement for external research or evaluation projects.
Connect with us
For further information or queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.