On this page:
- Participant, family and carer opportunities
- Open consultations
- Recent consultations
- Consultation summaries
- Consultation submissions
- When we contact you
We’d like to hear from you about the changes we’re making to ensure the NDIS is simpler, faster, fairer and more flexible. You can have your say on how we deliver these improvements so that they work for everyone.
Your feedback is important to us.
Home and Living Support Survey
The NDIA and Scope Australia want to understand how we can make individualised living a reality for more participants.
We are running a survey about the home and living supports participants use.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have daily living or personal care support needs such as cleaning or showering;
- Are on the autism spectrum or have intellectual disability, Down syndrome, psychosocial disability or cerebral palsy; and
- Have a home and living goal in your NDIS plan; or
- support an NDIS participant with the above.
You must be 18 years or older to fill in the survey.
The survey is voluntary and will not impact your NDIS funding or the services you access.
The research has ethics approval from Monash Health Human Research Ethics Committee.
The survey will close on the 20 June 2022.
The survey will take about 15 minutes to complete.
You can ask someone you trust, like a family member or friend or support worker, to help you fill in the survey.
If you support a NDIS participant, you can fill in in the survey on their behalf.
You may want to have a conversation with them before completing the survey on their behalf.
If you are an NDIS participant complete the Home and living capacity building participants survey (ndia.gov.au)
If you are a supporter of an NDIS participant complete the Home and living capacity building supporter survey (ndia.gov.au)
You can download an Easy Read version of the survey below.
- Home and living capacity building survey questions Easy Read (PDF 2.3MB)
- Home and living capacity building survey information booklet Easy Read (PDF 2.2MB)
Continence provider list survey
We want to hear from people who either:
- use continence products
- care for someone who uses continence products
- have used the continence provider list.
We want to find out:
- if the list was helpful when looking for a continence provider
- how we can make it better.
We will use information from the survey to improve this resource and make sure it is meeting participants’ needs.
The survey closed 5 pm AEST 13 May 2022.
All survey responses will be collected anonymously and have no impact on NDIS plans.
Participant experience of plan management survey
The NDIA is conducting a survey about participant experience of plan management.
We have invited Participant First members who have previous or current experience with plan management (as participants and/or nominees) to participate in the survey.
A link to the survey was sent in the 21 March 2022 Participant First email.
We are doing the survey to find out more about:
- why participants choose to plan manage
- what services they have received from their plan manager
- how we can improve the plan management experience for participants, their family, nominees and plan managers.
The survey is open until 1 April 2022.
All participant responses will be collected anonymously and have no impact on their NDIS funding.
To learn more about the Participant First initiative, please visit the Participant First web page.
Participant survey on self-management
The NDIS participant survey on self-management closed on Monday 14 March 2022.
We invited NDIS participants and their nominees to complete a short online survey to help us better understand:
- What benefits of self-management are most important to NDIS participants?
- What are the main challenges for NDIS participants who self-manage?
- What are the barriers stopping participants from choosing to self-manage their plans?
- What supports and resources are most useful to build confidence to self-manage?
- What can we do better as an Agency to support self-managing participants?
Once we have read and analysed the responses, we will publish a summary of your feedback.
Financial Benchmarking Survey - 2021-22
The NDIS Financial Benchmarking Survey closed on Friday 4 February 2022.
If you have any questions about the survey please email [email protected].
Market engagement - partners in the community program
The Market engagement partners in the community program feedback submissions closed at 5pm AEDT on Tuesday 23 November 2021. You can view the feedback we received in the market engagement summary report.
You can read the feedback on previous consultations on changes to the NDIS:
See the We listened page for more reports on past NDIS consultations.
To successfully deliver and improve the NDIS, we need the input, expertise and advice of participants, their families and carers, providers, the disability sector and community.
Releasing the feedback we have received is part of our ongoing commitment to NDIS participants, providers and the disability sector for greater transparency.
See the Consultation submissions page to find individual and organisations submissions we have received in recent consultations.
From time to time, the NDIA may contact participants, providers and stakeholders through phone calls, SMS, emails, letters or other accessible formats to seek feedback on their experience with the Scheme.
Check the list below to see what outreach the NDIA is doing. If you are contacted by the NDIA in relation to your plan, the caller will always explain who they are and confirm your identity over the phone.
If you’re worried the call is a scam, you can visit Scamwatch.