If you visit the am I eligible page, you will find an NDIS checklist you can read to see if you are eligible.
If you meet the criteria and you would like to become a participant, you can either:
- call us on 1800 800 110 and ask to make an Access Request
- complete and submit the Access Request Form and send by email to NAT@ndis.gov.au or
- contact your local LAC or NDIA office. call us on 1800 800 110 and ask to make an Access Request.
Making an Access Request
You can call 1800 800 110 to make an Access Request or you can complete and submit the Access Request form via email.
If you need help filling in the form or making the call, you can contact your Local Area Coordinator, Early Childhood Early Intervention partner or your contact your local NDIA office.
Visit the contact us page to find an office near you.
Access Request questions
As part of the Access Request process, you will be asked:
- to confirm your identity and/or a person's authority to act on your behalf
- questions to see if you meet the NDIS access requirements (age, residence and disability)
- questions about providing consent to enter the NDIS and about seeking information from third parties.
If you currently get disability supports, and you would like your provider to give us your information, you must first provide consent.
You may be asked to provide some additional information after you make your Access Request. This may include information about your disability and how it impacts on your day-to-day life. You can provide copies of existing information, including letters or reports, or you can ask your treating health professional to fill out and sign a form.
Providing information about your disability
If you make your Access Request over the phone, you can email or post copies of your existing information, including letter or reports, to one of the following:
- email: NAT@ndis.gov.au
- Post to: GPO Box 700, Canberra ACT 2601, or
- drop it in to your nearest NDIS office.
If you need help with English, call our TIS service on 131 450.
If you have hearing or speech loss, call our TTY service on 1800 555 677. For Speak and Listen, call 1800 555 727, or for Internet relay services, visit the Relay Service webpage
For information about what evidence to include in your Access Request, it may be helpful to visit the following pages: