Improving the NDIS
We are committed to improving the NDIS for all Australians.
Part of our commitment is sharing more information about what we do, and what we are going to do.
Delivering on the promise of the NDIS – Government Plan
In November 2019, the Minister for the NDIS Stuart Robert released the government’s plan to improve the NDIS.
The purpose of the NDIS is to help people with disability reach the goals they want, to live more independently, get a job or engage more in the community.
To make sure we meet our purpose, the plan has six areas that we will focus on:
- quicker access and quality decision making
- increased engagement and collaboration
- market innovation and improved technology
- a financially sustainable Scheme
- equitable and consistent decisions
- improving long term outcomes for people with disability, their families and carers.
Each of these areas has a number of commitments in them. You can read more about the plan and commitments below.