We are committed to improving the NDIS for all Australians.
Part of our commitment is sharing more information about what we do, and what we are going to do.
On 28 August 2020, Minister Robert released the Government’s response to the Tune Review and outlined the next steps we’re taking to improve the NDIS. We will gradually make these improvements to the Scheme and we’ll tell you when we have made these changes.
During the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, we diverted our people and resources to support the immediate priorities of participants and providers. You can read more about the NDIA’s COVID-19 response.
Some of the important changes we made through COVID-19 (coronavirus) are here to stay. These improvements include:
- Participants will have flexibility over their core supports budget to purchase the services and supports they need
- Anyone who thinks they might be eligible for the NDIS, can download an access request form from our website
- Check-ins with participants, with a phone call from NDIA staff or Local Area Coordinator to make sure they have the right plan and supports in place
- Flexibility and simplicity in the plan review process including phone or video planning, should a participant prefer it
- Longer plans for participants whose support needs are stable and unlikely to change.
While we continue to focus on supporting our participants in response to coronavirus, we are also committed on improving the experience participants have with the NDIS, and making sure our processes are consistent, fair and transparent.
We are making changes to improve the way NDIS participants access and use their individualised plans that empower them to exercise more choice and control over their lives.