- We are working to create a simpler, fairer, faster and more flexible NDIS that works for you.
- You can read about the changes we are making on our focus page.
- We want to hear from you and your families, the community and sector about how we can make these changes in a way that works for everyone.
- 24 November: Department of Social Services – Information paper released. Improving the National Disability Insurance Scheme .
- 25 November 2020 to 23 February 2021 Public consultation on four NDIS papers:
On 28 August 2020, Minister Robert released the Government’s response to the Tune Review and outlined the next steps we’re taking to improve the NDIS. We will gradually make these improvements to the Scheme and we’ll tell you when we have made these changes.
On 24 November 2020, Minister Robert released an information paper on Improving the NDIS. You can read this paper on the DSS website. The paper sets out of the reforms that will make the NDIS work better for participants, their families and carers.
To make some of these changes, the Government needs to make changes to the NDIS Act and NDIS Rules. The draft legislation to amend the NDIS Act will be released for public consultation in early 2021.
On 25 November 2020, the NDIA announced the start of a three month public consultation period. We have prepared three papers to guide the consultation. Read more about the papers.
Two of the papers released:
- Supporting young children and their families early, to reach their full potential
- The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Implementation Reset Project consultation report
Both of these papers cover the ECEI Implementation Reset project with the background to the project for context, areas for improvement and further detail on how best practice is intended to work.