On this page:
Submissions on the Interventions for children on the autism spectrum paper closed at 10am AEST on Friday 14 May 2021. We will publish a post-consultation report after we have read through the submissions.
The Interventions for children on the autism spectrum paper outlines the:
- funding framework developed to support evidence based practice, and balance the needs of families and children, with experienced clinicians and professionals
- funding levels of support for early intervention (capacity building) based on the functional capacity and assessed needs of the child reflecting all that we know at this stage
- holistic approach that considers inclusion, participation, non-funded and funded interventions
- lifespan approach that considers the changes in goals and aspirations as a child receives positive benefits form early intervention support
This consultation process will help us understand your views so that we can:
- update existing policy and operational guidance
- refine policy and operational guidelines
- improve guidance for parents and carers
- work more effectively with parents, caregivers and other professionals.
Read the paper
What changes are proposed, and what does this mean for the child?
Read more about Interventions for children on the autism spectrum or download the paper and report:
- Interventions for children on the autism spectrum (DOCX 1MB)
- Interventions for children on the autism spectrum (PDF 1MB)
- Find out more about the Autism CRC report and findings.