The NDIS is now available in South Australia. Find out How to apply.
South Australia statistics as at 31 December 2018
- 24,826 people in South Australia benefiting from the NDIS
- 11,475 people are now receiving support for the first time
- 200 children supported through the ECEI gateway
Early Childhood Early Intervention
The ECEI approach is available to all children aged 0-6 with a developmental delay or disability.
An ECEI Coordinator working for one of our partners will be your main contact point for the NDIS and can help you understand and access the most appropriate supports for your child.
In South Australia the partner delivering ECEI services is:
- Kudos Services (external) (External website) – in the Service Areas of Limestone Coast, Murray and Mallee, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Eyre Western and Far North, Southern Adelaide, Western Adelaide, Northern Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Yorke and Mid North, Barossa Light and Lower North, and Eastern Adelaide.
Kudos Services staff are experienced in delivering Early Childhood supports, and will support you and your child.
Country South and Country North ECEI services
The Kudos Services Country tream provides a mobile service into SA country regions.
Each region will have the same team members visit to ensure continuity of support and service. This will also allow staff to build local relationships and active partnerships to build the capacity of local communities.
Each visit will highlight a central location or 'home base' that will let the team coordinate visits to outlying Local Government Areas.
Visit the Kudos Services website (external) for information on when the Kudos Services Country team will be visiting a regional area near you.
For information or to book an appointment phone Kudos Services on 1800 931 190 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Area Coordination
For most people aged seven and above, an LAC working for one of our partners will be your main contact point for the NDIS.
In SA, the partners delivering LAC services are:
- Feros Care (external) (External website) - in the Barossa, Light & Lower North, and Northern Adelaide Service Areas.
- Baptcare (external) (External website) – in the Western Adelaide, Eastern Adelaide and, Yorke and Mid North Service Areas.
- Mission Australia (external) (External website) - in the Limestone Coast, Murray and Mallee, Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Southern Adelaide and, Eyre Western and Far North Service Areas.
If you are interested in working with an LAC in South Australia visit their website recruitment page:
- Feros Care Careers (external) (External website)
- Baptcare Careers (external) (External website)
- Mission Australia Careers (external) (External website)
Areas where partners do not deliver ECEI or LAC services
Some areas of SA do not have partners. If you live in one of these areas, someone from the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) will work with you to connect you to the NDIS or to supports in your community.
Find your nearest NDIA office.
As the transition to the NDIS in South Australia nears completion, the NDIA would like to provide an update on the transition.
As at 31 December 2017, more than 15,000 participants had approved plans in South Australia.
However, due to a number of factors including the challenge of identifying appropriate Partners in the Community to support planning outcomes at the required pace, the transition of State clients will take longer than originally scheduled.
The NDIA is dedicating all available resources to complete planning for State and Commonwealth clients in South Australia as soon as possible. It is expected planning for State clients will be complete by 31 December, 2018 and that planning for Commonwealth clients will be complete by 30 June 2019 as originally scheduled.
This means people will continue to receive support from the South Australian and Commonwealth governments until they have a planning meeting and approved NDIS plan.
- telephone 1800 800 110
- by email email@example.com or
- via your local Department of Human Services South Australia representative.
The NDIA greatly appreciates your assistance and patience as we jointly undertake this significant and important change for people with disability in South Australia to ensure that their transition is a high quality experience.