As a registered provider, it is important to measure and report on participant outcomes.
Report for Participant Plan Reviews
Generally, each participant works with the NDIA to review their plan every 12 months.
A plan review is an opportunity for participants to look at their progress and set new goals to increase their skills and independence.
Providers may be requested to supply a report to the participant, demonstrating the outcomes achieved. This request should be in line with the terms of the service agreement with the participant. Read our advice for allied health providers and plan review reports.
Plan funding amounts will change, and in some circumstances reduce over time, as the participant achieves increased social and economic participation.
If you provide supports to an NDIS participant under seven years of age, we recommend you use the Early Childhood provider report form (DOCX 96KB) to prepare plan review reports. You can find out more about the form.
Providers may be requested to supply a progress report to the participant, demonstrating the outcomes achieved through their supports.
Generally progress reports should include:
- a summary of supports provided to the participant
- how the support has helped the participant work towards their goals - for example, how their functional ability has changed over the plan period
- whether the participant has been linked to any additional informal, community, or mainstream supports to help them achieve their goals
- barriers encountered during the plan period and the strategies implemented to resolve these
- any risk identified to the participant or others
- any evidence or other information that may be relevant for the NDIA to consider when determining reasonable and necessary supports
- justification for any recommendations of additional supports, including details of the proposed outcomes and any risks or impacts on other supports, if relevant.
If you provide supports to an NDIS participant under seven years of age, we recommend you use the Early Childhood provider report form (DOCX 96KB) to prepare progress reports. You can find out more about the form.