Changes in circumstances may affect:

  • your access request;
  • your status as a participant; or
  • your NDIS plan.

Changes in circumstances include:

  • changes to your disability needs;
  • significant changes in your care or support provided by family or friends;
  • changes to your living arrangements such as where you live, if you live with new people, if you move overseas or into an aged care or residential facility;
  • changes to your job or that you’re looking for a job; or
  • if you receive or claim compensation for an accident or illness related to your disability.

A change of circumstances does not necessarily mean your NDIS plan will be reviewed or changed, however it’s important to let the NDIA know about important changes in your life so that your plan meets your current needs.

Change of circumstances form

If something does change for you that affects your needs or the supports in your plan, you need to complete a change of circumstances form below and contact the NDIA.

There are three ways you can let the NDIA:

In writing

By phone

  • 1800 800 110
  • TTY: Ph. 1800 555 677 and ask for 1800 800 110 or your local office
  • Speak and listen (speech to speech relay): Ph. 1800 555 727 and ask for 1800 800 110 or your local office.

In person

Your personal information held by NDIA is protected under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and the Privacy Act 1988.


When do I need to tell NDIA my circumstances have changed?

  • You must let the NDIA know as soon as reasonably practicable after you become aware that a change of circumstances has happened or is likely to happen.

What happens if I do not inform the NDIA of a change in my circumstances?

  • If you do not inform the NDIA of a change of circumstances, for example a change of contact details or address, your plan and payment of supports might not be able to be reviewed by the scheduled date.
  • A change of circumstances may result in your plan needing to be reviewed for any changes in your supports. If you fail to notify the NDIA and you continue to receive supports that you are not entitled to, you may be asked to repay an amount in respect of the funded support services.
This page current as of
4 March 2020
Indicates required field
Was this page useful?*
Why not?