On 18 October 2022, the Minister for the NDIS started an independent review to put people with disability back at the centre of the NDIS. The purpose was to restore trust, confidence and pride in the Scheme.
The Review looked at:
- the Scheme’s design, operations and sustainability
- how to build a more responsive, supportive and sustainable market and workforce.
The National Disability Insurance Agency appreciates the work of the Review Panel and Co-Chairs and all the community members who contributed input into the Review.
The final report
The Minister for the NDIS has released the NDIS Review final report.
Participants, supporters and the disability community will not see any immediate changes.
We are working on the 2023 Federal Budget reforms with:
- disability representatives
- independent advisers
- NDIS participants.
We will expand this work overtime to include NDIS Review outcomes once governments have considered the recommendations. We will be guided by good plans. We will take time to:
- consider all recommendations
- co-design any reforms with people with disability and the disability community
- make changes in a measured and considered way.
Our focus is humanising the NDIS for a better participant experience. We also want to make sure the Scheme is there for the future.
For more information about how we’re working with people with disability and the disability community to co-design reforms, visit the Making the NDIS better together page.